Two men have designed a special device to turn Mason jars into tiny fermentation systems for preserving vegetables and fruit.
The former headquarters of American Marine Bank in Winslow changed hands at the end of August, selling to an island businessman for $3.65 million. (5)
Chugach Federal Solutions notified 83 employees that they will be laid off Oct. 1. (1)
Since March, construction crews have been gutting the store section by section.
Director Chal Martin will be suspended a week without pay for his role in attempting to fix a street department "in chaos." (15)
Sierra Trading Post, Habit Burger Grill also will open there soon.
Barely seven months after opening in Poulsbo, owners of a salad-to-go shop are planning a second location in Silverdale.
Kitsap Fresh is adding a Kingston location, just in time for the fall harvest.
Tiny homes in Gig Harbor, a port orchard company is using its proximity to Sinclair Inlet to get people on the water, and tax breaks that may be encouraging developers to build in Bremerton and Port Orchard. This and more in the September edition of KPBJ.
Minding Your Business
- Purpose Boutique opening at The Trails
- Salad-to-go shop expanding to Silverdale
- Opening date set for DICK’S Sporting Goods in Silverdale
- Genuine Burgers calls it quits in Silverdale
- Application filed for Poulsbo storage facility
NEW YORK (AP) - Google wants to add a middleman to your mobile chats - a personal virtual assistant who's not shy about interjecting itself into the conversation.
- Amazon announces plan for West Texas wind farm
- Stocks decline, hurt by declines in banks; Waiting for Fed
- Apple shares on fire; iPhone lines decidedly chill
TOKYO (AP) - Asian shares were mostly lower Monday as market attention turned from action from central banks to the U.S. presidential race, with a closely watched debate upcoming.
- US guidelines on self-driving cars get good reception at G-7
- Puerto Rico power utility restores service
- Snapchat debuts recording 'Spectacles,' changes company name